Saturday, July 11, 2009

London Calling

Yesterday after I wrote my blog I went out to find Ben. He'd already taken and shower and was busy packing his clothes. I tried to help him remember what to pack and whatnot.....yeah I TOLD him to take his phone charger but alas....he forgot and now he has a dead phone.

Anyways, we packed up everything, loaded up the car, and said bye to the Dogs (cause no one else was home). I left a note for Ben's parents saying that I had a lovely time and leaving some money for them to go towards the food I'd have consumed while I was in their house. I think that's it....I just left it on the table for them then went out into the car to help ben with packing stuff.

As Ben was packing up the last of the stuff I was trying to figure out if I left anything. It suddenly dawned on me, 'OH SHIT...DAD's PLUG!!!!!!' SO I ran back into the house, up the stairs and unlugged the plug converter and thought to myself, 'Woah...dad would've KILLED me if I forgot that.'

After we got everything loaded into the car we drove into Leominster, got some cash...found a kid's story and bought Top Trumps (FINALLY), and then drove to the train station. My ticket was £56 for a single(one way to London) and Ben's strangely enough was £57. We were joking about that while we waited for the train to arrive--basically it costs us that same amount to get TO London...and then it costs him £1 to get back home. haha

The journey was not too bad. We had to take an hour train ride from Leominster to Newport(in Wales) then get on another train that takes about 2 hours to get from Wales to Paddington Station in London. On the train we slept a bit and played Top Trumps which is quite fun when you actually know and love some of the cars(I know from watching Top Gear and listening to Ben talk about cars ALOT).

We also made fun of how the safety instructions said 'please read' and then in the corner it said: Please do not remove.

So basically....it's a ctach 22 and we're screwed either way. That was fun to make fun of.

Once we got to Paddington...we got a tad lost....and Jenny got a bit stressed. This station is BIG. like HUGE New York huge. I haven't been there myself but I would imagine that it's as big and crowded as Grand Central Station. We got lost and we were trying to figure out where we could buy Travelcards when this lady came up to us and gave us 2, 1-day travelcard tickets to use.. It was really nice of her and it kinda reminded me of when I go to Disneyland and I want to leave, but I have fast passses for something--so I just give them to someone on the way out. They were valid and everything...so it's a nice little karma gesture.

ANyways...we had one hell of a time finding the Hammersmith and City Line. The arrows pointing every which way were REALLY messy and hard to follow but after heaving tons of luggage around and being tired and stressed and snapping at Ben a few times we finally found our way to the Hammersmith and CIty line, got on and rode it to Kings Cross.

The next bit was finding the Hotel, which with Ben's help of Navigating street signs and me knowing which roads to look out for, we (mostly Ben) found it. The hotel is nice...a bit small, but nice. It's seriously smaller than the New York Hotel. Barely ANY room in walk in there. It's a (roughly) 9"x7" room with a double bed, a small desk, a wardrobe, and a sink. Yeah--TINY ASS ROOM.

Anyway....it's getting later in the day and Ben is getting impatiant, so I'll leave it there and describe more of the hotel and what we did today, tomorrow! In the meantime, enjoy there photos of me and Ben on the train:

BYE!
-JM

No comments: