Friday, July 10, 2009

Quick update then it's off to London I go!

Yesterday Ben and I had out little naps to keep with it (Ben more than me surprisingly). Then when dinner rolled around we got ready and went to a pub down the road called The King's Head for dinner.

I felt under dressed because i was in my work pants, a long sleeve t-shirt and my baggy Warped Tour t-shirt over that (it was because I was doing laundry one last time before London and had no clothings). Then again, same thing happened to Mrs. Russell--but she felt OVER dressed. She did look nice and the rest of the family wore some sort of casual top and jeans. Ben looked hot though...he was in a dressier shirt over a normal t-shirt.

But alas, Ben was tired and out of it the entire way through dinner and when we got home...he crashed. He seriously drank too much, stayed up too late and partied too hard. I worry about that boy, but he seems to manage on his own and he knows his limitations. Ah Bless....^^

I had bangers and mash with veg for dinner....not the best I'd say but then again--not a meat person anymore. I think the only meat I've come to appreciate is good old Steak. I have been eating alot of Meat and milk while I've been here...and I think I've gotten fatter because of it. Not REALLY fat, but I can start to see it in my face and belly--not attractive at all. I'm hoping that once I get home I can start back on veg and carbs and leave the cholesterol overload to someone else.

There were some funny antidotes around the table and it was funny to see Rich and Wayne (Ben's brother and dad) get buzzed if not drunk. I think his dad got more pissed than his brother did. And his sister had some alcohol too so she was giggly in the car back. Teresa drove and Ben sat in the back out of it while I looked around the car taking it all in--the drunks and the quite ones. Quite an interesting family.

When we got home I kissed Ben goodnight and went to go pack. I started to cry because I thought, 'this is the last night i'm going to spend in this house'. I got really nostalgic packing my things. I thought about how I put out the washing...how Ben and Kate showed my baby kitties, fun times hanging out with Ben watching 'Mock of the Week' and 'Top Gear'. It was all, as I said, very nostalgic.

I am gonna miss this house and the people and the animals. I've had good times in this house. And it's weird, but part of me thinks this is the absolute end....as if leaving this house means I'm going home today. Even though I'm going to London and I'll still have Ben...it still feels awful feeling like this trip is going to be over in 6 days. 6 DAYS!!! That's how long NORMAL people go abroad to go on holiday. I don't know how people can stand going somewhere SO amazing for only 6 days. It's unbelievable to me.

Anyways...I'm do for a shower and then I have to go see how Ben is feeling this morning. Off to London in a bit! I'll keep you updated through these last few days!
-Jenny

No comments: