Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bye Bye!

Yesterday was our last 'BIG' adventure in the car. We went off to Stourhead (these gardens I wanted to Visit) near Bath.

As Ben and I got ready I came into his room to steal his computer and blog, like I always do. I managed to capture this funny picture of him:
It's slightly blurry, but I think it gets the point across that I have a sexy boyfriend. ^^ Anyways, after he put a shirt on and I blog for a bit, we ate some breakfast and we were ready to go. So, Ben hooked up the Sat Nav and we were on our way. Problem was....the Sat Nav was being a douche so it took us the scenic route towards bath....DOWN THROUGH WALES!!!!! Wales is Left of Where Ben Lives...Bath is South of Where Ben Lives....We should've gone straight down, but no, it took us over to wales , through Wales then over a bridge BACK into England and Southward again. It took us 3 hours.

Here's the bridge it took us over:
Ben says it's like the UK version of the Golden Gate Bridge.

So that was a bit of an adventure just GETTING to the place because we had to go over a bloody bridge and come BACK into England to get there. It was quite fun though because I spotted another car that I might want to get besides the mini:

The Suzuki Swift. Yes...if we have those in America anywhere NEAR the UK model I want one. ....Anyway, we get Stourhead, pay and go into the gardens. It's a BIG place and it's got a lake in the middle and you basically walk around the shores and through the hills around it and look at the wilderness and all the pretty statues and buildings and such like The Pantheon:
And the Grotto:

And of course, The Lake itself:
It was a lovely day despite that rain and the overcastness....but I had a really great time and I thank Ben lots for taking me there. ^^ Here are some other pictures of us during the day:
(Ben found a stick and started tapping up against the fence like a little kid--SO CUTE!)
(Me acting silly on a bridge)
(Me doing my little asian pose under a tree)
("It was like Led Zeppelin's cover for Houses of The Holy. There were many Steps and Columns. It was Most Tranquil")
(Outside the entrance to the grotto)
(Ben and a statue in the grotto waving to each other LULZ)
(Our Last Real Road Trip in Ben's Car, so I took a picture. My face and body look weird because I set a timmer and then ran back to the car to sit next to Ben. XD)


Thae last thing is that we past through Bath on our way back. I took pictures because Ben said it was so bland and boring. Everything looked that same-one creme coloured building after another. It was a nice city, clean and yes things looked the same but it was nice.
The only thing Ben liked about Bath was the fact that when we were getting OUT of the city...all the traffic was going IN to the city and there was NO ONE on the road the way we were going. He made a face, but I didn't capture that one so I made him make another one. Here is a reenactment of how shocked Ben was(add another 80% shocked and that was him at first):
That's all folks! i'm off to a party!
-Jenny

No comments: