Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Panda Bears--a dying breed

Yesterday, I woke up to the SCREAMS and YELLS of Kate and Ben's Mum...it was lovely. haha I just laughed, rolled over and went back to sleep (as much as I could). I was told later, by Ben, that the screaming I heard came from the OPPOSITE side of the house from where I was. Therefore, Ben got to hear all the lovely screaming at pretty much full force. Brilliant. *sarcasim*

Well, when the screamers had all gone, I woke up to find Ben coming through my bedroom door. The night before I told him, 'just wake me up when you get up and we'll figure out when to leave'((we had planned to go to Bath and Stourhead yesterday.)) Ben came in, sat on my bed((...I looked at the time it was 10:30am at least...which means--I slept in again, but it didn't matter because.....)), then Ben told me that he'd messed up his shoulder. My poor Panda Bear was hurt. :(

So instead of driving anywhere...we stayed home. I can completely understand because when I messed up my back at school i couldn't even MOVE without it feeling like I was being attacked by a pack of Cavemen with really REALLY sharp spears, digging into my back. It HURT. ANd by the way Ben was walking....well, seemed like he was in alot of pain too.

So we sat around, watched TV, I took down and hung up some more laundry, Ben played Resident Evil(video game, mom), and the day went on. I made Ben some lunch. I insisted that he not move from the couch and make himself feel worse by getting up and down alot. So, I made him and myself some lunch and cleared dishes and whatnot.

I tried giving him a message a few times and then insisted that he take some IB Profin (and later when his mum got home, she put some --what would be our Hot n Cold or Bengay--on him).

What else.....we went for a swim midday. That actually helped his shoulder hurt less cause of the water and yeah....so that was a bit fun. Ben stupidly tired to swim through the rungs on the ladder inside the pool....Result=his back got all red and scrapped up. *shakes head* Thankfully the worst damage was an abrasion about the size of a quarter on his left shoulder. Still, I insisted to him that he needed to get out and not fill his scrape with clorine and other stuff that might be found in the pool.

Just as we were getting out of the pool Ben's mum and sister came home. I helped Ben's mum put away the shopping and then Ben and I sat down to watch more TV.

And that was pretty much it.... just chilling at home. It made me sad to see Ben hurt--with different things during the day, but hopefully all will be better today. Ben has an appointment to get his back all fixed up today.

Tell you how everything goes tomorrow!
-JM

No comments: