Friday, July 3, 2009

The Legend, The Pints, and the Adventure

THIS...is DMAN--legend.

Yesterday was an interesting sort of day. Ben went to get his back/shoulder fixed by going to the Doctor's around 11am. After he got home about 12:30 we left to go meet up with DMAN who wanted to see Transformers 2. The film was eh...but getting there was more interesting.

The film started at 1:15pm. We meet DMAN at his house at about 1pm. Then drove another half an hour behind a very slow lorry to Worchester. Then paid for parking...then walked another I don't know how many minutes to the theatre which was a while aways down the shopping centers....when we finally got to the theatre it was 1:50pm so we missed it by ALOT (given that Ben says they let people in att 1:15, silence for 10 minutes, and previews for about 20minutes.

So, we gave up and walked a different way back towards the car....but then we came across a small dinky little movie theatre (with only 5 theatres) that was playing Transformers as well and the movie didn't start until 1:5opm. So we were only about 5-10minutes late. We got in....and the movie just barely started. So....we settled in and only had to worry about putting enough money in for parking.

Let me explain a little better how the parking system usually works here.....You park in a lot, then you walk over to this machine. You type in your registration number. Then you insert money (they have a sign above the machine that says: 'Less than 1 hr.....0.60 pence / 2 hours.....£1.30 / 3 hours.......£3.70' or something like that up to 5-6 hours or sometimes 'all day parking'). Then after you insert the money you push a button and out despenses a ticket that says when your time is up and how much you paid for the ticket as well as other things. Every hour (supposedly) a cop/patrol type person I guess walks around the lot and checks to see that all the times are still valid and have not passed.

We watch the film, then we hurriedly walked back to DMAN's car to see if he got ticketed. That was at about 4:27 and the ticket expired at 4:30pm....but we kept telling DMAN 'It's not like they're gonna patrol RIGHT when your ticket is supposed to be up...it's a very very small chance that it would happen'. And it didn't. The car was safe and sound with no patrol around. I've never seen one of those guys so far...i think they're a myth.

Anyway....after that we drove back into Tenbury, went to the pub (The Crow), and had a drink. As far as I could tell...the minute or 2 we were inside, before going to an outside table....the Crow was nice. Clean place, seemed friendly atmosphere, people talking. I think that's my pub standard so far.

Yeah, so....after a pint...ONE pint of Scrumpy Jack(Medium Dry Cider probably anywhere from 5% to 8%)this was me:
Plus the wind was in my face. haha....Then we walked next door to the same place where Ben and I got pizza before....and got another pizza for each of us and DMAN got some chips. I walked down the street to an ATM while they waited for the pizzas to be made (which only takes about 10minutes here because they have magical stoves that are ALWAYS heated up--yay furnacetype things), took that picture, came back, sat myself on Ben's knee....and waited for pizza to be ready.

After we got the pizzas, we drove down the road to another Pub:
I had another pint.....and then I was like this:
And Ben was just like this....

Ben is completely cool--and I was GONE! It didn't help the fact that I was tired to begin with but my perseption was DEFINATELY off there. It was quite funny to laugh at myself and watch the boys taking joy in how drunk i was just off of 2 pints. but, I sat there, made some comments, drank my cider and ate my pizza...then about 7pm, we drove back to DMANs house said goodbye and went home.

Ben made me come swim with him in the pool after we got back to Home Farm because A) he said I needed to sober up. B) it was hot. So we went swimming......then I got tired and went inside and we watched TV the rest of the night.

That's all the news. Please....don't lecture me--I'm on vacation. :P
-Jenny Mac

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You put it out there and you take what you get.

Dad