Monday, June 22, 2009

Today...Cardiff!...wait, nevermind....

Not much to report...I promise later in the week there will be pictures and tales of fun places. Yesterday was father's day, but it didn't feel like it here in England. There were adverts on TV all week about fathers day but in the Russell household it was just another Sunday.....

So Dad, thank your lucky stars people acknowledge you...at home, at church, even on the phone or through internet when us kids are away.

About the only thing special was that they ordered take away from a Oriental place. That was yum yum grub. ^^

Ben was grumpy last night and this morning. He didn't sleep well either. I found out that all of that was because of his ex, Kayleigh, texting him 'hey can we talk?' or something to that effect last night. This is the girl that REALLY hurt him--on again, off again, on again, off again, etc. Right now I feel like ripping her limbs apart, chopping them into tiny pieces, blending them then chuckin' the remaining liquid into some lake....cause that's what she deserves for stressing out Ben like this.

I can kinda relate...with the whole Troy thing. There was a point where if I ever thought one thing associated with him I'd tense up and get stressed. I don't want Ben feeling like that. I care about him too much. So...this morning I made an american style breakfast (that Ben keeps yum yumming about)--Pancakes. I think he enjoyed his pancakes. I hope so. He looked a bit more normal after breakfast, but I think deep down it's still bugging him.

One thing I can say about cooking in another house...in another country....I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING! With Ben's help and a little investigation I figured things out eventually. I FINALLY FOUND teaspoons which helped alot. Ben got out the mixing bowl and scale for me. Scale...and actual proper scale. Not too hard to figure out but when Ben put it on the table I was like..."oookkkkay? And this is used for wha--?OH! Right meauring" I'm just used to Cups and Teaspoons and tablespoons...not scales to weight oz and the like. It was an interesting experience.

Ben found lots of missing topping for his pancakes like bananas and golden syrup, so I decided to hang around here and go shopping (for groceries) for his mum instead of going to Cardiff. Ben suggested going shopping (clothes, etc) today and then hit a grocery store on the way back. ^^ Even though it doesn't seem like much to him, I really like getting out and just puttering around town. It's just another adventure for little old me. :P

-Jenny Mac

No comments: