Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ah, The Joys of Different Countries

Yesterday was an interesting day, but first...a disclaimer:

Mother...Father...Siblings...Other tight-wads concerned for my well being.....I. AM. AN. ADULT. I know the consequences of my actions and I accept them. Let me live my life how I choose without lectures.

Now that THAT is out of the way, let me tell you about my day.

I woke up early, about 3am and just looked out the window to find this pretty picture:
I tell you it's better in person. The sun rise was gorgeous to wake up to, even for a moment(and yes the sun rises THAT early here. I'm surprised at home much day light there is. It's kinda cool). Then I rolled over and went to bed for a few more hours.

Ben took me someplace local yesterday. ^^ Westons. Westons Cider and Perry Factory. He paid for my ticket (sweetie ^^) and we went on the tour there at Westons. There were only about 6 other people in our tour group but it was alright. ^^ I learned how Cider and Perry was made...every step of the process...and I took a few pictures of things. Funny things, interesting things, etc. Here are a few:
(The original way of crushing apples)

(Cider Kegs)

(Guy working on top of the fermenting tanks)

After the tour...there was a cider tasting, which I took part in. Cider was interesting. I think that if I was a drinker, I'd be a stereotypical girl that wants the fruitier type of drinks because the Cider wasn't half bad. I tried some Perry and Raspberry Cider that I really liked so I bought a bottle of each to take back to Home Farm. Ben got 4 bottles, one for himself, one for his dad(late fathers day gift--such a guy), and the other 2 for his family to share.

Now let me tell you...I thought I was pretty fun just being sleep deprived but alcohol made me more fun. I was sipping on the Perry on the drive back to Ben's house. I started getting giggly and I mean REALLY GIGGLY. It was quite fun. Ben eventually handed me his phone and said 'call Adam'. I guess he wanted me to show Adam how tipsy I was so far. hehe It was quite fun though.

Overall...My first alcohol experience: Cider n Perry are good. I don't plan on making drinking a habit, but it's good for the ocassional 'fun Jenny' time. ^^

When we got back to the farm I made sure to level out the alcohol in my body by drinking loads of water and snacking on carbs--chips and biscuts. Then we had some dinner....and then watched some TV, Ben went to bed but I stayed up to watch About A Boy and talk with some of you back home.

A very interesting day and morning as it were....especially after having such a crappy day in Cardiff. ^^ Happiness is restored 100%.
-JM

No comments: