Saturday, June 13, 2009

Show Jumping and the Lot

Not much happened yesterday really. I woke up, everyone was gone to school or work so I just lazed about the house. About the only thing I did manage to do yesterday was take the dogs for a walk. On the way I ran into Ben's Aunt and Gran and all of their dogs. The dogs played for a bit and I got to have a nice little chat with Ben's Gran for a while.

Today was a bit more interesting. I woke up and went about my daily routine. Ben's mum and sister were about and they invited me to go to Katherine's Show Jumping (horses) competition. I went and it was like any competition I've been to before...aka show choir...just waiting around until their school was up and watching and cheering and etc. It was definately the smellier bit of the day. We just got back about half and hour ago and I was glad to be back on the farm. It's much prettier and less smelly here than it was at the horse jumping arena. And frankly I was just tired of standing around half the time.

Katherine had a nice go at jumping though. She had 2 horses to jump, but she jumped one of the horses in 2 different classes. The later(much harder class) Katherine didn't manage to get very far with her horse Flynn. She cleared 3 out of 12 jumps but then Flynn waivered at the fourth jump, finally jumped it but then was bucked off of Flynn at the 5th jump because Flynn ran into the wings of the post because he was being stubborn and didn't want to jump that one either. Katherine is okay, she just took a right tumble off her horse and fell about 3 feet. Nasty fall, but again she's alright.

Now I'm back at the farm just waiting for Ben to come home from work. We may go out to the Brewery Tap later, if I can convince him to go hear Adam DJ with me, but then again I never know what's in Ben's head.

bye all!
-Jenny Mac

No comments: