Monday, January 17, 2011

Blogging fail

Sorry for not posting yesterday….the internet here has been really dodgy lately; I could barely get online to skype my parents.

So, yesterday was a big day. Basically, James and I planned a bunch of wedding things and then we went out to dinner with his whole family to 'formally' announce and discuss the news that we're getting married.

Overall the dinner went well, I think. James and I had a difficult time keeping his mum out of it at times(just cause she runs her mouth and basically nothing comes out, so it's useless when we're trying to explain things ourselves), but we were able to shut her up and give his dad the figures of how much it'll cost him to have the family fly out to California for the wedding. Anyway, we discussed the figures and he's on board so it's all good. And James Sr. seems okay with the fact that his son is getting married to me; James Sr. was asking me all sorts of questions about the wedding, and the future, and he even offered to help find a place where James and I can live when we come back, while we're still in California waiting for my visa to go through. AND, the amazing thing is, we took the whole family out and were going to pay for this expensive meal to celebrate, but James Sr. kept grabbing the bill away from us and he ended up paying.

After we got home, James and I talked to my mum and dad on skype, which was good. James and I like talking to my mum and dad, it's fun for an hour or 2, once a week. :)

….Today, not much happened. We WERE going to go to Cardiff and start putting together a wedding registry, but we ended up worrying about other wedding plans and staying home.

We were checking up on the Holiday home that the Vidlers, Belchers, and Anglims were planning on staying in the week before the wedding(through to the day after the wedding) and found out that it's booked when they wanted to book it. SO……change of plans, we had to ring up the Belchers and Anglims and work out something new. It finally worked itself out. (Even if we have to move it around,) We booked the holiday home for the Wednesday before the wedding, til the Wednesday after. Hopefully it'll all work out. We'll see. After that, I was collecting addresses people had e-mail me…and the internet went out. So on top of rushing around, changing dates trying to get the holiday home….the internet craping out stressed me out even more. So, James and I decided to just stay home, relax and watch a movie instead of going out.

After watching TV for a bit, and having lunch, (which was around 4pm) we went and picked up Tony from school. Then went back home, relaxed, watched more TV and went back on the internet to plan more wedding things(when the internet was back up). We watched Scott Pilgrim vs. The World again on James' Playstation 3, ate dinner…and that's pretty much it.

No comments: