Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Effing internet, man

Sorry again about not posting. Before I was about to finish my blog yesterday, the internet crapped out on me again. sooooooo..... it's another 2 in one day.

Yesterday:

James took me to Wye Leisure, to go swimming mostly. There's 3 massive pools, some hot tubs, 2 steam rooms, 2 saunas, and a room where there are the tiled block chairs that heat up. Mmmmm so nice. I didn't exactly pack a swin suit for winter, so I borrowed a pair of swimming shorts from James, and just wore a tanktop and wireless bra underneath, which worked okay for the day. We spent a few hours in the Leisure center looking at the facilities and swimming.



I didn't swim as well as James because, well I haven't properly gone swimming since I was like 8 or something; everytime I've gone to a swimming pool, I'd maybe tread water or swim about, but mostly I've just stuck by the edge of the pool did pilates moves in water or tread water while holding on to the edge of the pool, just concentrating on my feet. I looked spastic trying to keep up with James swimming for edge to edge of this pool, and it was olympic size i'm guessing cause it was bigger than any normal rectagular pool.



After the pool, we rinced off, got changed then did a shop around Morrisons before heading home. I like shopping with James. It's fun to get all the possibilities of what we want now, before we can't afford it anymore as a new married couple. Plus it's fun wadering around making fun of things, or discovering the differences between UK and US grocery stores.


Today:
James and I, woke up, had a nice fry-up for breakfast and watched most of 'He's just not that into you", before going out for a walk. James and I took Tilly for a walk around Symond's Yat(which is the Village just off a part of the Forest of Dean, that runs along the River Wye). We took tilly for a walk down by the river, then went for a pint at The Sarcens' Head (a pub down by the river). I like the Sarcens' Head because they have a pool table, so James and I played a few games before going home to have dinner.


Here are pictures of the river:

James was teling me that the pathway we walked down used to be an old railway line. And that the railway was right next to the river. Now, all you can see are the trees bending towards the river while the ground errodes from the rapids. In the last picture, you can see an old railway post stuck inbetween the trees. I thought it was interesting.

No comments: