Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cardiff.....I 'effing hate Cardiff

Today was the start of 'super planning' (meaning actually going out and doing wedding stuff) day.
James and I ventured into Cardiff to go to this big department store called 'John Lewis'. Apparently John Lewis is the go-to place in England for wedding registries, and the one in Cardiff was the closest one in a major city to us.

Drive to cardif was horrible, as per usual. People in Wales are crazy drivers; people in Cardiff are shit drivers. Literally some van almost crashed into us on a round about; (given, part of it was James' fault for not following his SatNav's directions, but still...)if i hadn't screamed at James to watch out, we'd probably be dead.

Luckily we found sanctuary in John Lewis. This department store has 4 stores of shopping and has basically everything you'd ever need in a home. And it was really easy to set up a registery. We went to customer services, had an introduction about how the registery system works(basically, at absolutely no cost to us, with some great benifits; for example, we can choose to have all of the gifts bought for us stored in a warehouse, then delivered all at once to us free of charge after the wedding), then we were set loose in the store with....THE SCANNER.

I love the scanner. It's been probably my dream to go into the store and scan all the possibilities of what I could get for free from Friends and family. :P Plus it makes things so much easier having a scanner, rather than writting everything down and making a list.

After scanning JUST the kitchenware things(in which I let James take full charge of what he would need in his kitchen), we took a tea/coffee break in their cafe/lounge on the 2nd floor. Oh! the other cool thing about gift registry at John Lewis is that the customer service lady gave us a voucher for their cafe, good for 1 tea or coffee and 1 pastry each ,for the bride and groom, so that we could 'have the break we need' in the middle of all the scanning. I'm glad we had that. We spent about 4 hours in that store.

After our scanning adventure, we headed back home to have dinner (James cooked duck fillets with a muchroom/garlic sauce and loads of veg).

After dinner, I was trying to look online to see our 'registry list', to see all the things we came up with....and Alice kept talking to me about Flights and such that she's research. This was stressful and problamatic for me because, as James and I discovered after my melt down yesterday, I'm the type of person who wants to control ALL aspects of this wedding--including the accomedations, flight reservations, etc for his entire extended family, because I know I can plan cheaper and smarter than any of his family(irish...too wishy washy)--and I can't do that. I can't control things that I shouldn't have control over, such as worrying about every little detail of his family's accomedations because it gets me more stressed and I don't need to worry about that in the first place. But, when Alice is still seeing me as the most knowledgable person on planning and runs all planning stages by me.....it stresses me out.

So......I left the room and went upstairs to finish up what I was doing on my computer. Unfortunately, in transit, I must have such off my computer...which made me loose the internet sites and everything I was on....which made me most upset. Then when I restarted my computer, the mouse was being weird(you know when you move your mouse a tad, but the cursor on the screen just bounces all over the place and goes bizurk)...so that made me even more upset to the point where I'm rubbing my hand across the keyboard to...idunno, confuse it into working i guess. AND....in the midst of rubbing my keys, I slashed my finger open off one of the keys'.

I put a plaster on it, it's fine now. And so am I. I've calmed down, finished wedding things, had some berries and creme and now I'm off to bed.

No comments: