Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Welcome to Ross Vegas

First before I start my blog....here's the messy room I call home. :) Pictures of James and my room:


Right! Short blog today, I think. I'm quite tired.

We went into town today. James had to drop off his car at the garage to get it serviced. This gave us from 11am until 4pm to wander about Ross on Wye. The town is lovely, too lovely and quaint to describe, so I'll just go ahead and show you pictures now......
In a store that's sort of like a Wallgreens, James and I saw condoms called 'Mates'. We came up with quite a few funny slogans. Here's one: "Life's alright, when you have MATES."
Saint Mary's church. We walked through the graveyard there. It got harder and harder to withstand. At first there were grave from like 1700s, 1800s, and I found it fascinating to read what was on their Tombs and get to know these people. But then it went on and I found sadder things on the tombstones, like one girl, died 25years old on Christmas. :( Sad stuff. But when I REALLY lost it was when there was a whole little section of graves just for children. 2 years old, 7 years old, 12 years old, 4 years old.....so sad. I was in bloody tears. James got worried about me...I was okay, but i just felt for these people and their familys who lost them. Again, so sad.

A cross erected outside St. Mary's Church to honor the people who died in the plague and had to be burried without coffins.
The tower that was part of the city wall.
This is a bandstandand great green grassy area right by the river where they have a festival in the summer called Jamstand every year.
Me on the bridge by the river Wye.

Welcome to Ross on Wye. :)

James and his tea, inside this cozy little tea and biscuit shop.

mmmmm teeeeeaaaaaa. So good and I feel very english. Tea, milk, sugar, spoon to stir it all together, as well as a little plate to put it on. SO BRITISH. YAY!

The streets of Ross on Wye at night, lit up for Christmas.

Hmmmm.....what else. I was too busy being excited to take pictures but I met James' dad and went to see the hotel. I saw the flat where James spent some of his time before he got his car and could shuttle back and forth between home and work(at the hotel). I saw the restaurant, the bar, the cellar, a bit of the kitchen, and there's actually a 800year old water well that'd below the floor of the hotel restaurant.

James' dad (who's name is James), is aright. He was nice and friendly when I met him and he had a nice soothing voice that reminded me of Stephen Fry's voice, and he was the one that kept saying to my James 'have you shown her the cellar?', have you shown her this? have you shown her that? and followed us to the different places letting me take a look around the hotel.

Today was a nice little shopping day and getting to know the lovely little town of Ross on Wye. I also picked up a load of groceries for myself and for James' mum. And once again....James cooked dinner for us tonight. Pizza for the boys, Chicken Kievs for his mum, himself, and myself.

No comments: