Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Jet Lag Day

Today was a complete rest day; I didn't really do much. James and I had a lay in until about 11am, then we woke up, got ready and he made us some breakfast/lunch.


Look at my little chef. :)
He made us a pasta, with a sauce made of tomato paste, chopped up pepperoni, sliced mushrooms, white wine, and fresh herbs.


Then we went on a walk with Tilly(their other dog). Tilly is a sweet old dog. She's Lock's mum and has been in the family for quite a long long time. Apparently tilly barks at everything--she's a good gaurd dog and doesn't like strangers cause she thinks anyone might intrude and hurt her family, The Vidlers. BUT!, when she saw me with James straight away she was okay with me, so that's fine. :)



We went down to The Dam by James' house, about a 5 minute walk in the freezing cold (about 1*C) and it started to lightly LIGHTLY sprinkle rain on top of us. It was so light I couldn't feel it at first. I took loads of pictures of us down by the Dam...because it was frozen over. :) We chucked HUGE rocks onto the Dam, but the ice didn't break. It was as solid as sears. :) I wanted to go no more than an inch on the water to take a picture of me standing on it.....but James said he wouldn't jump in after me if it did break( about 2% chance of that happening) so, he didn't let me.
The wood just before the Dam.

You can just sort of see the branches turned into icicles.

James with Tilly.
The Ice, cracking and little bits that aren't frozen over yet. :)
The reeds, frozen in place by the ice.

Me standing on a patch of ice on the grass. :) It was quite slippy.

You can definately see where the dam is frozen over and where it is not.

We walked back to the Dam Barn(that's what his house is called), and I was so cold and tired that I just went up to bed to take a short nap. Yeah right...... A 5 HOUR NAP ACTUALLY! I slept until about 8 (james stayed to nap and cuddle with me until about 6, then went downstairs for the rest of the time, leaving me to sleep more).


When I woke up I went down, watched Ratatouille with Tony, James and Alice until dinner was ready. Alice/Harry put a ham in the oven, and (when it was almost done) James whipped up some nice cabbage. It was a good meal. Another one from the Vidler Kitchen.

Harry I'm starting to see a bit more to him. He's a selfish 17 year old, more so than 17 year olds are. And he doesn't clean up after himself, and he's not much for conversation. James tells me that Harry exactly like their dad--messy chef, doesn't put anything away, never cleans up anything, leaves things strewn about the house and doesn't talk much.

I got the rest of my things put away as well. James' room is nice. he switched with Harry so that we could have the master bedroom-more room. It's a nice cozy little set up. I'll try to take pictures tomorrow so you can see the house and such.

James and I are about to settle in for a movie and go back to sleep, so....until tomorrow!

No comments: