Friday, December 24, 2010

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Today I stayed at home, like the good little housewife and baked for HOURS! while James, Alice and Tony went out to do some last minute Christmas Shopping around Hereford(a town about an hour away from Ross). I started prepping about 9am and didn't finish baking until 1:30pm. :) I made Snowball cookies, candy-cane sugar cookies, and rocky road fudge. All I think went pretty well without me burning down the place or poisoning the Vidlers.

After that, James still wasn't home, so I went to take a show, get ready, brought our wrapped presents down from our room to put under the tree, at some lunch.....soon it was 3:30 and James wasn't home. :( I got lonely, and was about to call him and then they got home. :P

James was well stressed from shopping with his mum and brother, so I tried my best to relax him, but it didn't work much. He just really needed some good rest, food and a pint. Unfortunately, later when we went out....all the stores were closed so we couldn't buy any wine for James to sit and relax with.

Around 5:30ish James' older brother, John, and girlfriend, Sophie, arrived at the house. They didn't stay very long because they had dinner reservations at The Kings Head, and then they were staying the night there at the hotel (If I haven't mentioned it already, James Vidler Sr.'s bar, resturaunt and hotel is called The King's Head. James, Sam, and Harry all work there and that's where we'll be having Christmas lunch tomorrow....for free I'm guessing cause it's the family owned business).

My verdict on John: He's a bit cocky. It kind of seems like everything he does or has is the best and everyone else's opinions, tastes, etc are less than second best. He seems like a nice enough guy, just up his own arse a bit. And Sophie seems really nice....posh, nails done, nice clothes...kinda one of those people who probably spends way more than they should on their appearence, but she's a really lovely girl.

After John and Sophie left, James and I went out to see if any stores were open to get him some libations...but all the stores close early Christmas eve, so we just headed back home. Then we sorted out some more presents and now we're about ready to watch some movies to kill time before we have to "play santa" for Tony and put out all the stockings and Santa Presents. :)

See you all tomorrow, and Happy Christmas in advance!

No comments: