Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ben, the Peacock, and that nasty Washing Machine

Not much to say. The only thing James and I did today was go have lunch at The Peacock (the old inn that the Vidlers owned in Tenbury) with Ben Russell, my old boyfriend and James' friend.

Here's the outside of the Peacock:


It was a nice lunch. Good food, good drinks, and a great moment of catching up with Russell. James and I also gave Russell some late birthday presents and Christmas present. It wasn't too akward seeing Russell, but it was a bit, for him and for me I think.

We had a drink in the bar after and spent alot of time talking, catching up....overall it was a nice couple of hours (about 3 and a half actually).


When we were driving home, the window frosted over just a bit so James had to pull over and wipe the windshield.


James also showed me where his Primary(elementary) school was.

And he showed me where his old High School was. :)

When we got home (about an hour and a half later...the drive to Tenbury is long, but we wanted to see the Peacock--for James, how it's changed under new ownership).... it was nearly dinner time again. So James cooked us a nice dinner. Some left over chicken roast for me, pork for him, and then potaetoes, cabbage, honeyroasted carrots, and a little mustard sauce for the meat. It was quite good. I like James' cabbage. :)
The last few days we've been doing laundry as well, today was the last of it, except the washer was being a bit of a pain. The washer leaks....ALOT, some hoses disconnected or something, and the hose has to be put into a bucket to drain all the water out. Half the time we've been home, we've all been trying to clean up spilled water and come up with a mechanism of making it leak 'neatly', hence the bucket.

No comments: