Friday, December 24, 2010

Chrismas Shopping Time

James and I watched The Damned United, a movie with Michael Sheen (I love Michael Sheen) about football (the UK one, not American football). Pretty good film. James and I have a habit of watching movies late at night before we go to sleep. That's quite alright with me--more cuddle time.

Today when I woke up James had gone outside to let Locke Gorman out. When he came back inside, and I came downstairs dressed, he took me outside to show me 'this really cool thing':

The melted snow on the roof dripped off into icicles. :)

Even the Plant had a major icicle problem. ....and so did James.

Anyway, today I was feeling better and the roads were much clearer than we last went on them so James and I decided to get our Christmas shopping done. Sam tagged along cause he needed to get Christmas shopping done as well. We decided to go to a BIG shopping center where a lot of stores were, so we went to Merry Hill, which was about an hour and a half drive from Ross.

It was a nice day, a bit nippy, but the shopping center was WARM. They have Westfield malls, just like the one we have in Santa Clarita. I was surprised how many stores were similar in and around the mall actually: Best Buy, Pizza Hut, Toys R Us, Claire's, Build A Bear, Disney Store, etc. All these American stores in England…then again it is a Westfield mall, so it would kind of have similar stores. The last stop we made was Best Buy, at my special request. It brought a smile to my face when I found Best Buy--great for getting gifts and gadgets around the holidays. :) And I got something for James there that I had looked everywhere else for and couldn't find.

After Merry Hill, we went back into Ross to get some last minute grocery shopping done and then back home to wrap presents. James and I basically finished all of our wrapping, FINALLY, except for I have to buy a small bag for his mum's present tomorrow. We had loads of fun talking and listening to music while wrapping presents, then after we made a little silly vlog. If you've never heard him speak before, this is my boyfriend James:

He's quite funny and silly and I love him dearly. :) Now we're about to settle in and watch "500 Days of Summer", which I got today from a store called HMV for a fiver. :) See you all tomorrow!

No comments: