Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gloucester

Today James and I went to Gloucester because I wanted to see the Catherdral. Last time I was in Englnad, Ben tried to take me to Gloucester Catherdra because it was where a bit in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was filmed, but when we got there the Cathedral was closed because of some school program or something. :( This time when we went, it was open, which made me very happy. I even donated some money to the preservation of the Cathedral (which is recommended since there are no formal admission prices).

Here are pictures of the hall ways of the Cathedral. You may or may not recognize them. Somwhere within these hallways was where Harry Potter was filmed--the bit in the Chamber of Secrets where Harry comes across Mrs. Norris(the cat) and Nearly Headless Nick(the ghost), with the writting in blood on the castle wall:





The Cathedral was also full of these very decedant Windows:

James, standing outside a door; there were many doors and passageways, many of which are closed now because it's unsafe:


The outside coutyard, which were beautiful to be in, especially when today wasn't too cold of a winter's day:


Some more decedant windows:


This window pane I found interesting cause it reminded me of the Baptismal Font in the Temple:

Here's a Rapier from the 16th century:
The Old British Flags, which are actually rotting away(probably because of those light fixtures):
James, next to a Tomb Plaque. I found it interesting because I recognized some pretty big names from history on there:

There was also a spot where you could light a candle, as an act of prayer. I did one. I felt very spiritual in the moment:

Pictures of the outside of the Cathedral:


Next to the cathedral was an old tudor house, that looked like it has been left alone(no work done to it) since it was built. Cool building, faded and somewhat a mess, but I find it interesting so I took a picture:
After that we wandered around the shops in Gloucester. We went into HMV, Ann Summers, and there was a WHSmith shop, that's kind of like boarders. We shopped around at WHSmith, just browsing and I took some pictures of books on display that I thought were funny books:

We also stopped into a shoe shop called TReds, where they had converse shoes for a REALLY good price, so James bought me a pair of bright blue cons for an early birthday presents, cause he knows I need new cons.


In HMV, we also bought(went 50/50 on) a Blu-Ray disk of Scott Pilgram vs. The World. James has a PS3 that plays blu-ray and the Vidlers are due to get a new HD-TV by Monday, so we can watch it in High Def.
After we got home from Gloucester, we relaxed, I cleaned up our room(at least my stuff), and then we had dinner. Sam has a friend sleeping over tonight, so we actually all sat down and ate together at the table....well, except for Harry. As soon as his plate was served, he started eating and then pissed off as soon as he was done(which was barely after everyone got served).
After dinner, some more beer pong ensued, because Sam and his friend Monroe wanted to play. :P
Now James and I are about to tuck in and watch Role Models before heading off to bed. Tomorrow is New Years and for those who censor my blog for their own spiritual well being....I'll cover all the stuff during the day first, but as soon as I tell you about going into town for the evening, I suggest you stop reading because there will be lots of drinking involved.

oh! something i forgot to mention for "yesterday's" post was I got my first Royal Mail! I'm offically British. ;P
It was a letter and package from Steven and Jeni. They sent me their Christmas card and a set of Handpainted "LOVE">
In any case, thanks for the blocks guys.

No comments: