Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Last Day...and the Last Blog

This will be my last blog about this trip. Tomorrow morning I am on a plane at 10:30ish am and headed back to Cali. Ben and I have to get up at about 6:30 so no time to blog in the morning, so this is it people. You can ask me all about my trip and whatnot that I didn't include in here, when I get home....That is if I'm not asleep. :P

Today Ben and I slept in, got up got ready went to get some lunch...Wagamama. Ben loves this place. We went to the one in Cardiff where we had to walk upstairs to get to it....this time, in London we had to walk downstairs to get to it. Funny ol' world idinit?

The food was yummy and we even had coconut ice cream with mango syrup on top. It was yummy. And then we shopped in Piccadilly for a while. I got some souvenirs...window shopped a bit as well, then we went back to the hotel. Today was pretty much a shopping day....

But we did hang out in the hotel room and watch Top Gear and listened to Avenue Q songs....and then went out to eat--pizza take away. And now we're here. The day went by so quickly and seemed really relaxed which is good. Although...I have already cried a few times today. I really don't want to leave. I love England. And I especially love Ben and don't want to leave him.

I've had some really good memories with Ben, his family, and his friends. I've made memories of inside jokes that blossomed here that no one in Cali would get. I've gained more knowledge about England and politics and pop culture that no one from home would get. It's just interesting to see how much this place feels like home to me. And it's not England in general really....I've REALLY grown attached to Home Farm. When we were leaving for the train station, to go to London, I looked back and it was like I was leaving Cali at the start of this trip....but not in an excited 'i'm going somewhere new' sort of way. It was in the 'aww...everything I know and love is behind me now...and I'm not going to see it for a while. I already miss it.' sort of way.

I really love Home Farm and I can't believe I don't actually live there. I've grown too accustom to it and it really feels like a 2nd home to me. I've got my 2nd mother(well 3rd, but whos counting)--Teresa...my 2nd dad--Wayne....my brother and Sister--Richard and Kate....and my boyfriend always close by...Ben doesn't feel like family so it's not 2ndary incest(honestly he doesn't fit in with the rest of his family....just an odd black duck).

Yeah well...that's about all I got to say.
I'll see you in California guys and gals.

"California...here I coooooome!"
-JM

No comments: