Monday, May 11, 2020

Who is Jenny Vidler?

More get to know me stuff. Inspired by a tik tok that I did not too long ago:

My Name: born Jennifer Lynn McClellan , now Jennifer/Jenny Vidler
My Age: 30
Birthday: Feb 24th, 1990
My Star Sign: Pisces
Fun Fact: I still to this day cannot spell Pisces without spell check. 

Favourite Colour: Blue
FACT: I like most any shade of blue...bright blue, sky blue, dark blue, midnight blue, dusty blue...etc

Favourite Animal: Cat
I like a lot of animals but the ones that make me go all gooey and lovely dovey inside more often than not are Cats, Foxes, Pandas, Lemurs, Otters, and Penguins. 

Favourite Food: Sushi
Strangely enough my two favourite sushi places (one on the UK and one in California) are both called Kyoto Sushi. Although I shouldn't be surprised because Kyoto is a popular Japanese reference. 

Favourite Book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
I fell in love with fantasy/science fiction reading when Harry Potter came out. Since then I have moved to other fantasy book series, but I think it will always stay with me as one of my favourite franchises. The reason the third book is my favourite is because there is more to it: you get to see bits of the past with Harry's parents, and there are so many major details that are revealed in drips and drabs that accumulate into a big epic plot twist. It's also the reason why the 3rd movie will always be my LEAST favourite movie of the franchise because the director failed to link all those little details together and missed the whole point of the mystery reveal in the books. 

Favourite Movie: 10 Things I Hate About You
There are a ton of movies I really really like, a handful of movies that I could watch over and over again and never get bored the whole way through, but 10 Things I hate about you ticks those and many more boxes. It's based of Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew. Heath Ledger and Joseph Gorden Levitt in this movie are so crush worthy. I want to BE Julia Styles in this movie. And Also, there are so many good quotable moments.

Favorite TV Show: Ru Paul's Drag Race
There are 2 things in life that I LOOOOOOVE to watch but they make me feel so stressed out about my self confidence and that's Drag Queens and Victoria Secret Models. I cannot stop watching and they look so beautiful and I love it but at the same time they make me feel shite as a woman. 


Some random facts about me:

  • Married at age 21, the legal age for marriage in California
  • Natural Born leader (always the one in group projects that gave the first suggestion, then got nominated or defaulted to leader thereafter)
  • I (my family)have had 1 dog and 5 cats. Dog I think got put down? when I was young. Two of the cats are still living, the rest were Coyote/Owl chow. My mum also had a Bird Named Valentine, that I remember the cage in our house, but don't remember the bird too much. 
  • One of my earliest memories was of my Brother Jason doing a school project. He dug a massive F-off hole in the back garden, filled it with water and then emerged from this mud pit for some reason. 
  • My Brother Greg taught me how to play Soccer/Football. I was a scared and timid little girl, afraid to get hit in the face while he trained me as goalkeeper. Then when I played in the AYSO soccer league, I was always the tough girl in goal that scared other kids because she growled and dove for the ball practically wrestling it away from their feet. 
  • The brother closest to my age, Steven, who is 9 years oldest than me, was stuck babysitting me a lot. One Halloween when I was younger we were carving jack-o-lanterns while listening to Smashing Pumpkins. In my teenage years, he took me to my first My Chemical Romance Concert.  
  • I once had to climb through the trunk/boot of my car because the locking on my Mustang was busted. Proof (unfortunately, no sound):

  • I love learning languages, even though I'm not very good at it. I know basic conversational french. I can speak a little bit of Spanish from a combination of my brothers/parents learning it, then picking up words from friends, or other people having lived in Southern California. I know enough to sign a few key things in ASL. And I know only a handful of choice random phrases or words in Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Polish, Italian, German, and Swedish but never enough to actual make up a sentence. 
  • My parents raised me Mormon/LDS but I'm not active anymore
  • I never finished my degree, but I went to Community college(University) for 3 years studying  Psychology & Theater (while fulfilling the required General Knowledge classes-Maths, English, etc and taking some absolutely RANDOM courses too). 
  • I have played 2 leading roles in Theatre: Alice from Alice in Wonderland, and Nancy from Oliver!
  • My freshman year of high school I played a supporting role in a student written production called Coincidence that was written by one of the Seniors. 
  • In my Senior year, I co-wrote a student written play called Delusional Adaptations. 
  • In College/Uni I wrote a few one-woman shows, my favourite was about my Id/Ego/Superego trying to talk me out of (or into) a booty call. 

No comments: