Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Walk in the Forest and a Drink at the Pub

Short Blog again cause I'm well tired.

James woke up this morning at 8 to go into the hotel to clean the pipes. I kept sleeping(typical me). He came back round 11ish, and I finally woke up. We had a nice breakfast, then went to a part of The Forest of Dean to go take Tilly for a walk.

England must have gotten jealous of my native Californian land, because it started lightly snowing today while we were walking Tilly. But I don't mind. :) I like the snow and it's fascinating to actually watch it fall....especially when you're walking through a forest and it's silent all around except for the crunching of the leaves when snow falls on the ground.




After that we came back home to have some burgers, chips and salad....then chilled out watching TV and movies until about 6:30. James' workmate Shelley is moving to Florida(to be with her fiance) so she had a sort of going away get together at The Royal. James asked ahead of time if I could tag along and Shelley was more than generous when inviting me to come as well. She's a nice girl and James is good friends with her so I'm sure he'll miss her.
All in all it was a good night. We spent from about 7pm til about 10pm in the pub, just eating, drinking and having a laugh. I mostly talked with James, Shelley and a few other workmates: Shane and Becky. Both are funny people. Becky's a bit odd but so funny. She has sort of a dead-pan delivery when telling a joke or taking the piss; she acts so serious, but she's well funny. And then Shane is a goofball. Sometimes you can tell he jokes around too much and is a bit immature, but he's good fun and I really enjoyed us taking the piss out of each other even though we've hardly met.

No comments: