Friday, January 7, 2011

Ledbury

So today....didn't start off well. Last night I was all excited for today because James was going to spoil me by taking me to get my massage that he bought me for Christmas, and then out to lunch, and whatever else he came up with.

However....this morning his mum knocked on the door and said the she talked to the lady at the spa and apparently the girl that's doing one of my treatments (cause James paid for 4 parts-massage, mani/pedi, and something else....) called in because 'the snow was really bad' where she lived. There was BARELY any snow ANYWHERE and it all melted within a few hours. ((I told James, '5 quid it was the manicure lady. Prim and prissy little dainty things they are. *mocking her* "oh my god, there's snow on the ground. It's gonna get my nice boots all wet. ewwww! I'm just going to call in...."))

*sigh* I digress. I was a bit depressed at first because I built today up so much, then....no massage. I was really looking forward to it because my lower back has been killing me lately.

James and I distracted me from being depressed by going and shopping at Morrisons and wandering about town for a bit. At Morrisons, we picked up a collection of different Ciders, which we on special offer 4 for 5 quid, and in the isle I found this:

I turned to James and asked, "I dunno....do you think this Cider is Dry or Sweet?" I found it quite funny that it's said Dry about 5 times. XD

We also picked up a few DVDs that were cheap. When we got home we watched one of them (Leap Year), then had some Spaghetti Bolinaise, watched part of another one downstairs when the boys got home (an episode and a half of An Idiot Abroad, which is hilarious), then went upstairs to watch the third one we've bought (Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist). I had sampled a few on my ciders, so I fell asleep through half of Nick and Norah.....then woke up just in time to get ready and go out for dinner.

James took me to an Italian restaurant in Ledbury called The Olive Tree. REALLY good. More Italian than Olive Garden, but probably less so than any Italian place that's served 'family style'. This place did it plate by plate and was quite expensive. James paid, but I was kind....I pick what I wanted, but on the cheaper side.


......I ordered a Latte at the end. I don't normally like coffee, but James said that it's a very very weak coffee and it's more steamed milk than anything else, so I gave it a shot since he was having a coffee. Yeah......never again. I was very weary of that latte, but I drank it.....the proceeded to feel sick.
We had a quick drink in a pub, The Seven Stars, which was down the street from the restaurant before heading back to the car. By the time we got home I was alright.
Just relaxing now, watching TV before bed.
========
oh! and I had to register for class today. I was really supposed to do it yesterday but I forgot, until Sean posted something about registering on his facebook status, so I quickly did that this morning. I only registered for one class, Scene Performance, and it came out to just over 100 dollars. CRAZY! And depending on certain circumstance, I may audition for the Spring play, so it'll be a bit more. ...meh, that's all for now.

No comments: