Friday, January 14, 2011

Ireland: The Final Day

Big Day today. It was our only FULL day in Dublin, and it was grand. Now, unlike most of you tourists....I did NOT go to the Guinness Factory, or Kilmainham Gaol, no, not even Trinity College to see the book of Kells. None of that struck my or James' fancy. Instead we spent the day shopping, eating, and drinking.

I'm tired and there's no pictures today so I'll give you the short version:

-got up and ready

-wandered around trying to find this pub called The Church, which we got a leaflet for

-couldn't find The Church and I was starving almost to the point of passing out so we found a pub called the Boar's Head and had lunch/breakfast in there. I had Shepard's pie for the first time, which was alright. 5/10

-After we left the pub to wandering around the main shopping area...we finally stumbled upon The Church, which was only around the corner from where we just ate. pity.

-Went roung Shopping: I found a store called Penney's which seems like the cheapest department-like store that I've found and I've been needing to get some more socks(mine have been wearing out from walking so much), so I got 2 packs of socks and a pair of tights.

-had a pint at a pub called The Old Storehouse.

-went to a bank and had some more Sterling changed into Euro

-Shopped some more, found some souviners

-stopped off and had 'lunch'/an inbetween meal-snack(by this time it was about 4 and we ate at around noon, and we couldn't be eating again til about half 8)

-went back to the hotel, had a little nap

-left the hotel around 7:30 to drive to Malahide(where his Anglem cousins live--bout a 30 min drive) to have dinner with his cousins Siobhan(girl, 23), Roisin(girl, 20), and Sean(16). We went to this thai restaraunt where I had Pinapple duck...pretty good.

-Then we went to a pub around the corner called Gibneys to have a drink before leaving.

All in all it was an alright day....lots of walking around the centre of Dublin, which is big, lots of shopping, lots of pubbing. It was still a good day, just always moving...that's why a nap in the middle of the day was essencial.

Now it's time to get some sleep because James and I have to get up at 5 tomorrow to make our ferry.

No comments: