Thursday, May 7, 2020

Controversial

We about to get political up in here...but with Memes.


With what's going on in the world, I see some pretty funny stuff on Facebook and alot of memes to express the funny in the world's dire situation. I've collated them here, with some feedback for fun.

What prompted this little rant blog was the Thursday Clap for Your NHS/Carers/Key Workers event that took place this evening. It has become a thing with Brits that every Thursday night at 8pm we clap for key workers in appreciation. I love this. Great idea, if not a little bit hypocritical in some cases because outside of a pandemic loads of people moan about the NHS, etc. But the thought is great overall.

This has been going on every Thursday and I'm kind of over it by now--not because I'm over the thought of it, but I'm over the competition of it all. It's gotten to the point where it feels like a 'mine is bigger/better than yours' scenario and everyone is vying for the title/award of biggest boner for the NHS. It started off with clapping. Then enthusiastic clapping and cheering. Then banging pots and pans. Then honking horns on cars. Fireworks came into play after that. I hear so many strange and new additions now to the 'clap for key workers' bit at 8pm on a Thursday, I'm worried that it's going to wake up my sleeping son.

*Sigh* Rant on THAT particular topic over....and with that I present to you the first of my topical memes:
Classic. 

This next one I will thank my mate Simon for posting on Instagram: 

There has been talk of Boris taking measures to lift lock down and that we will hear the final decree on Monday I believe. Simon had this to say in his post: 

"Working as a key worker I am feeling a lot of anxiety about the possible announcement regarding the easing of Lockdown. Considering the response to COVID was slow at best I don't see how they've managed to figure a plan when there are massive gaps in terms of schools and providers of support.
This picture sums it up. In my opinion the easing is being pushed by pressure from the wrong place: economic, not health"

I could not have said it better myself buddy. Boris could give a flying &£*k about the health of the British people. All anyone is worried about is the Economy. Hey guess what...the longer this goes on the harder the economy is going to tank and I hate to break it to you Boris, but alot of the world is in the same boat. Maybe if the UK had responded quicker to this pandemic and locked down sooner, we would be better off by now. People are already taking advantage of lockdown now, who knows what chaos will ensue when restrictions are eased. 

Which leads us right into the next part....i wouldn't say these are memes really (although somewhat comical) More like a slew of idiotic behavior I see on facebook, but it needs to be mentioned....



Can people use their effing BRAIN right now?!?!?! Either that or, Darwinism--do your thing and let Natural Selection take these morons away from us. Is this how the Rapture happens? Does half the population get wiped out from sheer stupidity?!  

"Live Free or Die"!?! ...okay then. *Cue death march*

Aaaaaaaand I think I've had my quota of ranting for today. Thank you and goodnight. 

No comments: