Friday, May 29, 2020

Dreams

In retrospect I've been one of those people who has a track record of mostly crazy realistic dreams. For some reason when I actually remember my dreams they are of the most mundane things, sometimes completely believable or normal things but mashed together in time. 

For instance, on the completely believable side I remember having a dream the summer before I started high school. In real life I was preparing to audition to be placed in a certain theater class for when I started my freshman year, In my dream, this was still the same case, although I had already auditioned and was waiting with baited breathe by the phone for the result. In my dream, I received a message on the house answering machine basically I did SO terrible that they didn't want me in any theater productions. 

My other type of believable dreams are the ones where everything individually in my dream seems plausible that would happen, but the details together don't make sense. Like my brain would take different parts of my life, different times and mash them together. For example, I had a dream where my mum and dad were living in England and they were over just having a chat and talking about about Henry. It felt so real that this conversation happened, in my house in England, yet my father passed before we moved and more to the fact, they've never lived in England. 


I should also mention that I have been known to have deja vu dreams. 


A few times in my life I have had one of my seemingly ordinary dreams, then weeks or months later EXACTLY what I experienced in my dream would come true in real life. So far they have been very mundane things (driving past my middle school and remembering very specific details about the houses, the pedestrians, the other cars on the road, etc). These of course could be chalked up to my unconscious memory picking up details in the background of my life that I have never noticed before. It doesn't make it any less freaky when a scene of something enters my field of vision and I have major dream deja vu. 

Still, when I can remember my dreams and it's something completely realistic, I get very wary. 

I just had a dream the other night that we were still in lock down and I had a skype conversation with friends who basically said that they hated me and didn't want to be friends after lock down lifted. This, although seems harsh, would be 100% believe in my life as I have been betrayed by so called 'friends' before...not once...not twice...it's happened a few times okay!?(those are stories for another time). So the idea of friends just up and being done with me is not completely unrealistic. 

No comments: