Sunday, May 20, 2012

We've been taking alot of walks lately...mostly because we don't have enough time or effort to make it to the gym...or we've taken advantage of the rain stopping and there being sunshine for a while. (I'd post you guys some pictures and videos....but this new Blogspot layout is a loser and is making it way too complicated and it's late....so....next blog...all pictures of lambies and countryside and such. )


Other than walking our feet off we've still been working and living life normal. Life is back to normal with me after the May fayre. Since I'm not planing for the May Fayre, I have nothing to do when I don't have work. Store 21 has been cutting hours, so I'm back to 4 hours a week. So I've been applying for other part time jobs, but in the meantime my father in law has been paying me to do jobs around the hotel.

James got a new carpet cleaner for the hotel and he's asked me to test it out and clean all the rooms and other places around the hotel. This past week I cleaned the carpet in the hallways(on all three stories), the dining room, and 8 of the rooms that were unoccupied. This next work I'm supposed to come in when the other 8-9 ish rooms are free to do them, as well as a few other odd jobs(like cleaning the curtains in the restaraunt, and cleaning the windows in the rooms of the hotel) and one of the chambermaids wanted a day off so they asked me if I could fill in for her with housekeeping for a day. So....for now, even though my hours have been cut...I am still working about 15-20 hours a week.

What else.....yesterday was my manager's last day at Store Twenty One. Alice is leaving to basically open up her own retail shop, so all the girls got together last night at the pub had a meal and a few drinks to say goodbye to her. She was a really great manager, at least I thought so, she hired me after all, so it'll be weird without her.


That's about all the news for now concerning The Vidlers. The only other exciting things are:

1) Chelsea, the football team Robert supports has now snagged 2 League Cups. They won the FA cup(which is one of the football leagues in England). And they won the Champion's League(a european football league, which basically means their the best international team in Europe). So, my hubby is VERY pleased.

2) The Olympic Torch has offically landed in England and is making it's tour all over England. Next week, it stops in little old Ross on Wye, going right past the Kings Head Hotel. So that's exciting.

That's it for now. I promise pictures will come once I figure out this new layout and get it to work faster than it does now.

No comments: